I have a short window of opportunity during which I am able to significantly cut back on my work hours. For a little while (and for the first time in twenty years) I'll be able to take more than two classes per semester... and I have probably overloaded myself this semester as a result! I have just switched my major to Journalism, with a minor in Professional and Technical Writing. My degree focus will be in the Photojournalism sequence, because photography continues to be my primary area of expressive and professional interest.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Introduction, Fall 2008
This will be my blog for Jour61. I've chosen my blog title as a reference to my long-ongoing attempts to complete my education: Early Attempt #1 (leaning in the direction of film editing) was unexpectedly interrupted by motherhood; Attempt #2 was geared specifically toward receiving a quick certification in something I could do to make a living, however dull (medical billing); Attempt #3 aimed for a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree (Photography emphasis), and was interrupted by my critical need to remain employed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to the class!
I'm glad you made it back in school. It took me a couple tries to finish too. Life does get in the way sometimes.
Post a Comment